1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?The types of personal information we collect depends on the products and Sites you request and use. The categories of information we collect can include:
- Information you provide to us directly. We may collect personal information, such as your name, phone number, location, address, email address, business information, payment and bank account information, and additional information to verify your identity when you register for our Site, sign up for our mailing list, create an account, or otherwise communicate with us. We may also collect any communications between you and Synchrony and any other information you provide to Synchrony.
- Information you may provide and that we receive through referral activities. With your permission, we may access and import your contact list available through your email accounts, so that we may invite your friends and contacts to connect with our Site. When you provide us with personal information about your contacts, we will use this information only for the specific reason for which it is provided.
2. HOW WE USE INFORMATION
- To process your transaction. If you purchase an item from our Member Store, we or our third party approved vender will use information about you to facilitate your purchase.
- To maintain and improve our Site. We use the information to operate, maintain, improve and provide to you the features and functionality of the Site.
- To communicate with you. We use the information to communicate directly with you, such as to send you direct mail and email marketing messages. We may also send you Site-related emails or messages (e.g., account verification, change or updates to features of the Site, technical and security notices). For more information about your communication preferences, see “Control Over Information” below.
4. SHARING OF INFORMATIONWe may share personal information about you in the instances described below. For further information on your choices regarding information about you, see the “Control Over Information” section below. We may share personal information about you with:
- Other companies and brands owned or controlled by We Love Fire and other companies owned by or under common ownership as We Love Fire, which also includes our subsidiaries (i.e., any organization we own or control) or our ultimate holding company (i.e., any organization that owns or controls us) and any subsidiaries it owns. These companies will use information about you in the same way as we can under this Policy;
- Third-party vendors and other service providers that perform services on our behalf. We work with a number of service providers who support our operations, including but not limited to electronic payment service providers and customer support call centers. We share information with these third parties to process the transactions you initiate or to perform other specific Sites on our behalf, such as collections or identity verification, or creating and providing targeted advertisements. Our service providers are legally required to keep personal information private and secure and adhere to applicable state and federal laws and regulations;
- Third parties at your request. We will only share this information with your consent and at your direction;
- Credit bureaus. We may share personal information about you with credit bureaus to meet our credit reporting obligations;
- Other parties in connection with a company transaction, such as a merger, sale of company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party, or in the event of a bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings; and
5. CONTROL OVER INFORMATIONData sharing settings and modifying or deleting information about you: You can access and modify information about you (such as name, email address, and mailing address) that we collect online and maintain by visiting your profile in your Account Summary on our website. This section of the website is password protected to better safeguard information about you. As a registered user, you can update your password, email address, physical address, and phone number at any time on the website. Requests to change any other information in your profile or remove your name or comments from our website or publicly displayed content can be sent to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe. We may not be able to modify or delete information in all circumstances. Certain regulations issued by state and/or federal government agencies may require us to maintain and report demographic information on the collective activities of our membership. We may also be required to maintain information about you for at least seven years to be in compliance with applicable federal and state laws regarding recordkeeping, reporting, and audits. Opt-out from third-party sharing for direct marketing purposes: As set forth in Section 10 below, if you are a resident of California and have previously opted in to have personal information about you shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, but no longer wish to have such information shared, please email us at email@example.com to request to not have your information shared in this manner. How to control your communications preferences: You can update your email preferences and stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link provided in such communications. We make every effort to process all unsubscribe requests within a reasonable amount of time. You may not opt out of Site-related communications (e.g., account verification, transactional communications, changes/updates to features of the Site, technical and security notices).
6. THIRD-PARTY TRACKING AND ONLINE ADVERTISINGInterest Based Advertising. We participate in interest-based advertising and use third-party advertising companies to serve you targeted advertisements based on your browsing history. We may share, or we may permit third-party online advertising networks, social media companies and other third-party Sites, to collect, information about your use of our website over time so that they may play or display ads on our Site, on other devices you may use, and on other websites, apps or Sites. Typically, though not always, the information we share is provided through cookies or similar tracking technologies, which recognize the device you are using and collect information, including click stream information, browser type, time and date you visited the site and other information. We and our third-party partners may combine this information with information collected offline or from other sources. We and our third-party partners use this information to make the advertisements you see online more relevant to your interests, as well as to provide advertising-related Sites such as reporting, attribution, analytics and market research. Social Media Widgets and Advertising. Our Site may include social media features, such as the Facebook Like button, Google Plus, Twitter or other widgets. These social media companies may recognize you and collect information about your visit to our Site, and they may set a cookie or employ other tracking technologies. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of those companies. We may display targeted advertising to you through social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and others. These companies have interest-based advertising programs that allow us to direct advertisements to users who have shown interest in our Site while those users are on the social media platform, or to groups of other users who share similar traits, such as likely commercial interests and demographics. These advertisements are governed by the privacy policies of those social media companies that provide them. Cross-Device Linking. We, or our third-party partners, may link your various devices so that content you see on one device can result in relevant advertising on another device. We do this by collecting information about each device you use when you are logged in to our Site. We may also work with third-party partners who employ tracking technologies, or the application of statistical modeling tools, to determine if two or more devices are linked to a single user or household. We may share a common account identifier (such as an email address or user ID) with third-party advertising partners to help recognize you across devices. We, and our partners, can use this cross-device linkage to serve interest-based advertising and other personalized content to you across your devices, to perform analytics and to measure the performance of our advertising campaigns. Your Choices:
- Interest-based advertising. To learn about interest-based advertising and how you may be able to opt-out of some of this advertising, you may wish to visit the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) online resources, at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices, and/or the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) resources at http://www.aboutads.info/choices.
- Cross-device linking. Please note that opting-out of receiving interest-based advertising through the NAI’s and DAA’s online resources will only opt-out a user from receiving interest-based ads on that specific browser or device, but the user may still receive interest-based ads on his or her other devices. You must perform the opt-out on each browser or device you use.
- Mobile advertising. You may also be able to limit interest-based advertising through the settings on your mobile device by selecting “limit ad tracking” (iOS) or “opt-out of interest based ads” (Android). You may also be able to opt-out of some – but not all – interest-based ads served by mobile ad networks by visiting http://youradchoices.com/appchoices and downloading the mobile AppChoices app.
- Some of these opt-outs may not be effective unless your browser is set to accept cookies. If you delete cookies, change your browser settings, switch browsers or computers, or use another operating system, you will need to opt-out again.
7. HOW WE PROTECT AND STORE INFORMATION ABOUT YOUKeeping information safe: We understand that the information collected and shared with us by our visitors, members, partners and representatives contains sensitive data. We take our role in safeguarding information about you seriously. We maintain a security program that draws on industry standards and best practices. We take a defensive approach to implementing technical safeguards to protect information against unauthorized access or misuse. We use:
- Encryption & website certificates. Encryption protects the information you share with us from the moment it leaves your computer until it reaches our systems. Look for the secure locked padlock on your browser, which signifies a secure web connection. Consult your web browser documentation for more information.
- Session time-outs. We employ session time-outs that will log you out of the website automatically after a period of inactivity. This reduces the risk of others being able to access your account if you leave your computer unattended.
- Passwords. You should never share your password with anyone. Your password can be initially assigned to our employees or staff, and we only ask for your password to access your account with your permission or for trouble shooting purposes. If you ever receive a communication claiming to be from XXX that asks for your password, you should immediately report it by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.